According to Vedic astrologers, fasting aims to attain the spiritual realm by eliminating cravings and desires. According to Hindu beliefs, fasting is also a way of sacrifice to meet with god.
Vedic astrologers believe that fasting keeps your body and mind to stay in a state of harmony. It is also believed that fasting eradicates your negative thoughts and improves your positivity towards success.
The importance of fasting or Vrat
In Devnagari, fasting is called “Vrat”, which means to vow. It shows your devotion to the divine and helps you surrender to the divinity. “VR” refers to the will, and “Rita” refers to pattern. In ancient days, it was believed to offer the final liberation to the soul. Fasting regulates your energy and improves your motivation to attain a blissful life. Ask your astrologer to suggest you the pooja Vidhi according to your horoscope.
What are the benefits of fasting in medical science
In medical science, fasting has several benefits. According to medical practitioners, the primary benefits of fasting include controlling obesity, maintaining blood sugar levels, improving the function of the heart and brain, and so on. According to doctors, even if most people in India keep religion fasting, it is crucial for energy balance, dyslipidemia, and oxidative stress. You can definitely add fasting to your health management practice.
Benefits of fasting on Mondays
Vedic astrologers consider that keeping fast on Mondays is adequate to get the blessings of Lord Shiva. The fasts on Somvar confer you with all the worldly pleasures. You can prefer keeping the Vrat if you are unmarried. Keeping fasts on Mondays is believed to bless you with a good life partner. Married people can also keep this fast to improve harmony in their marital life. 16 Somvar fasts that are kept for sixteen consecutive Mondays, according to astrologers, relieves the practitioner from health issues, financial crisis, career problems, etc.
Benefits of fasting on Thursdays
Thursday fasts are believed to appease Jupiter. Keeping fasts on Thursdays are believed to be effective in warding off the obstacles in your life. If you are facing issues in your marital life, astrologers suggest keeping fast on Thursdays. The planet Jupiter, according to Hindu beliefs, is the Guru of the planets. Therefore getting his blessings is essential in improving your focus in life. Jupiter bestows you with good fortune and success.
A detailed guide on the Monday Puja Vidhi
The 16 Somvar Vrat, according to Hindu astrologers, is considered among the most auspicious fasts. It is best to start the fast from the first week of Shukla Paksha. It is also called the Somvati Amavasya. In northern India, the fast is celebrated from July to August. While in South India, Somvati Amavasya is celebrated from November to December. Consult an astrologer that offers free horoscope reading to get information about the detailed pooja vidhi.
16 Somvar Puja Vidhi
- Take a bath in the early morning
- Clean the puja room or pooja space
- Lit a Diya and decorate the puja place well with flowers and diyas
- Worship Lord Shiva with Ganga Jal, milk, ghee, and curd
- Chant the mantra “Om Namah Shivaya” while worshipping Lord Shiva
- As fasting starts from early morning to evening, you can not eat anything except fruits, milk, etc., during the day
- After sunset, you can have a meal of Sabudana khichdi or fruits
Details about Thursday Puja Vidhi
You can begin fasting on any Thursday except one in the month of Posa. However, the first Thursday of Shukla Paksha is considered the most auspicious day to start the fast. Astrologers suggest keeping the fact for sixteen consecutive Thursdays. However, you can keep the fast for three years at a stretch.
- Take a bath in the early morning
- Take some lentils, jaggery, banana, turmeric, and a photo of lord Narayana
- Try to wear something in yellow as it is the most auspicious colour for this day
- Envelop the photo of Lord Narayana in a yellow cloth
- Decorate the pooja room with flowers and diya
- Offer Akshata or yellow-tinged rice grains, chant the slokas and rad the Vrata katha while performing the pooja
- During the pooja, always prefer lighting a diya to attract positivity.
- Offer the fruits and sweets to Lord Narayana
- You can take food only after performing the pooja. However, don’t wash your hair or take foods with salt on this day
- If possible, donate something in yellow, preferably clothes, to the needy.
Conclusion Keeping fast on different weekdays comes with different benefits. The Vrat performed on Mondays and Thursdays are suggested by vedic astrologers to get the blessings of Lord Shiva and Lord Narayana. Performing the puja vidhi can bestow success and prosperity. Get in touch with the best astrologers to learn about the best suitable Vrat according to your horoscope.