Transitioning from a fellow or a resident to a radiologist is not an easy road. Evolving into an independent radiologist from being a junior under a senior resident’s guidance takes a lot more than just medical assignment help. The process is even more challenging now, considering the training programs don’t spend enough time to season them for the practical world.
Radiologists’ efficiency and productivity are also as important as the patient’s treatment. Maintaining clinician well-being is very important. People often underestimate the importance of a radiologist in the medical field. Yes, they may not be doctors, but the actual doctors treat their patients depending on the reports of their scans and diagnoses.
On that note, let’s find out the eight ways that enable radiologists to work smarter rather than harder –
- Using the 5Ds of productivity
To be productive, you can follow 5Ds as your guiding light. They are –
- Do – Every productive session starts with doing something. So, do tasks effectively and quickly. You must never wait for some other moment. If you get an assignment to do, get on to that immediately. That will save you from later worries. Plus, in the medical field. You cannot predict when a rush will come suddenly. So, to safeguard yourself from such instances, do tasks instantly.
- Delete – Delete the unimportant items. In your daily life, you get across a lot of information and documents that may not be useful to you in any way. Never waste your precious time by unnecessarily holding to those things. Always keep your desk, phone, and schedule clear for any emergencies.
- Delegate – There can be situations where you feel drowned with pressure. You may have to juggle between multiple patients or multiple complex scans simultaneously. Always remember to delegate some of your tasks to the juniors. For example, ask your junior fellows to take charge of the tumour boards or direct reading room coordinates. That way, you may also get some breathing space. Plus, the junior also gets to feel the hands-on experience of the hospital.
- Deposit – Do not forget to deposit all your important papers and emails in safe places. Those places must be such locations that you can easily remember later. That way, you can never lose track of any crucial information and retrieve it easily.
- Defer – You must learn to prioritize your tasks. Defer the tasks that seem lengthier and less critical. Carry on with the cases with the highest priority. However, you must always keep track of these cases so that you do not forget anything later.
- Take advantage of the stress
A radiologist’s job includes looking at the patients’ diseases all the time. While some may come in a relatively healthier state, many times, the patients come broken limbs, swollen body parts, infections, excruciating pain, and screaming. Things can get very messy and very graphic is a horrific way for a radiologist.
Encountering such situations can spike up any human’s anxiety or stress level. A competent radiologist must educate and adapt himself to make this stress his best friend instead of fearing it. A radiologist should use this anxiety to drive him to be more focused, eliminate distractions and work on his strengths.
- Come up with an efficient reporting style
A good radiology report must provide the doctors and patients with a concise yet detailed view of the whole scan. The more relevant information you can stuff in the report makes it more efficient is. The radiologist must make tabular formats to make everything seem clear and compact. Marking every section according to their type, severity, relevance gives a detailed yet easy-to-understand representation of the actual diagnosis. Thus, the doctors take lesser time to understand and explain the reports to the patients. The patients can also refer to those reports later if needed without any hiccups.
- Invest in infrastructure
A radiologist’s job revolves pretty much around different types of equipment. So, it makes sense to invest in improving the infrastructure. State-of-the-art scanning equipment, x-ray machines, etc., make a radiologist’s job so much easier. They can get much better results in lesser time. Thus, they can serve more patients in that time. Maintaining centralized online storage with proper IT support also enhances your productivity.
- Connect via Mobiles and tablets
You can use mobile phones and tablets for practically everything we do in everyday life. A radiologist also must try to adapt his systems and work method over mobile devices. Gone are the days, where the radiologist must run across the city on his bike to deliver reports at all parts of the city.
You can take the help of social media and messaging apps for all those jobs now. You can create a group or a page on social media and stay connected with all your patients. You can make a booking over an online medium as well. The messaging apps allow you to send and retrieve any document in JPEG and PDF formats. So, you can shift your entire operation over digital mediums. Being comfortable with mobiles and tablets will help the patients connect with you faster and easier.
Many radiologists prefer to do consultations and bookings over mobiles because they save huge electricity bills for their chambers.
- Redesign your workspace
You can only work efficiently if you are working in favourable work conditions. Readjust and redesign your chamber to suit your needs. Your workstation must be clean, compact, ergonomic. Use adjustable seats, proper footrests, and monitors aligned to match your eye level. It must be properly illuminated and ventilated. Make sure that your antechamber remains free from any distractions and interruptions.
- Develop a robust team
Create an able and robust team of uber professionals. Hire efficient personnel to look after every department like technologists, IT staff, operations executives, and receptionists.
- Trust the AI
Artificial Intelligence has been making quite a stir in the market now, and it’s high time you should adopt it also. There are a lot of smart home and office solutions that automate a lot of your work. That will enable you to spend that time doing something meaningful.
A smart radiologist must understand the psychology of the patients and identify the driving factors to enhance his job quality. Then, he can improve his work rate and efficiency with minor tweaks in his daily activities. With increasing job pressures, you must try to strategize well. Think how you can do the same, if not more, work by putting in less hard work and more smart work.
For the last six years, Nick Cody has been writer at MyAssignmenthelp.co.uk help in student essay writing.