How Do I Choose The Best IELTS Preparation Tutoring Center?
With the worldwide popularity of the IELTS exam as the definitive English language test, tutoring centers have begun to spring up around the world. These tutoring centers advertise themselves to attract potential students, claiming to have high success rates. However, there is no central body to manage the growth and maintain the quality of these IELTS Training Course in Dubai.
Many of these centers charge student’s high fees for unplanned and low-quality training, while others spend their time teaching IELTS candidate’s inappropriate methods. A recent case of identity theft of a student in Chandigarh, India is an example of the growing number of crimes committed by these training centers to achieve high IELTS scores.
Competition among IELTS test preparation centers is growing rapidly and IELTS test pass rate has become one of the main criteria to attract students. On the other hand, students have more options when it comes to choosing a good tutoring center. Here are some tips to help you identify and choose a tutoring center near you. This will ensure that you start your training at a good institution and excel in the IELTS exam.
1) Agencies that offer preparation for a wide range of related exams Agencies that offer preparation for the TOEFL, GMAT, GRE, etc. have an advantage in providing good preparation for IELTS candidates. IELTS is a test similar to TOEFL and is related to GMAT and GRE. The only difference is that IELTS is a test that focuses on communication in English and does not include an aptitude test. Therefore, you will have access to excellent, well-trained IELTS teachers.
2) The quality of the students studying at the institution. It is even more advantageous if the students being tutored are professionals working in multinational companies or students from prestigious universities. You will be communicating mainly in English. This will not only improve your English but will also give you the opportunity to interact regularly and correct your English grammar.
3) Good teaching materials. Make sure that the tutoring center provides students with plenty of homework and assignments. If the institution sells study materials to distance learning students, they will have more access to quality materials, which is very important for students taking the IELTS exam.
4) Duration of tutoring the duration of tutoring should be at least two hours to ensure effective training. Less than this will reduce the quality of training.
5) Training is provided by foreign, English-speaking staff. This will accelerate the quality of the English language. You will be able to learn and understand their accent and pronunciation. You will be taught to use general English in all three situations: speaking, listening and writing. Therefore, it is recommended to choose a tutoring center that is regularly visited by foreign English speakers.
6) Class strength and type of teaching method. Class strength is extremely important. The larger the number of students in a class, the less attention will be paid to each individual. This can be checked by the ratio of the number of students to the number of teachers. A ratio of one teacher to six students is best. Only teachers and counselors should be counted; administrators should not be counted. You can get an idea of the teaching methods used by looking at the course syllabus and talking to the students who study at each tutoring center.
So, the next time you sign up for an IELTS test preparation tutoring center, take the time to research and learn about the tutoring center you plan to join. We wish you the best of luck.